Harry D. Campbell Field
Named in honor of Mr. Harry D. Campbell, a 1942 Petroleum Engineering graduate and a member of the Orediggers’ 1939 undefeated football team, Campbell Field is the home of the Mines football team.
Campbell Field, which is equipped with synthetic sports turf, lights and steel / concrete grandstands that seat 4,000 spectators, is located at 12th and Maple Street on the CSM campus.
Mr. Campbell, who passed away in the spring of 2011, established endowments at CSM in support of the football program, undergraduate scholarships and the Petroleum Engineering faculty. Mr. Campbell also made major gifts to the John U. and Sharon L. Trefny Endowment for Curriculum Advancement, the Marquez Hall project and the Undefeated Champions of 1939 Scholarship Fund. Mr. Campbell invested his time and resources to help ensure the school’s tradition of strong academics and dynamic athletics, and his generosity over the past seven decades helped CSM to make great strides in both athletics and academics. Mr. Campbell was inducted into the CSM Athletics Hall of Fame in 2004.
Mr. Campbell’s dedication to Mines was an example for all
of us to admire, and our student-athletes appreciate his
efforts. His commitment to Colorado School of Mines was
remarkable, and Mines is proud to recognize him among its most
loyal philanthropic partners. CSM Athletics recognizes and
thanks Mr. Campbell and his family for funding the development of
the Harry D. Campbell Football Field.